Friday, November 1, 2013

Watercolor Class

Wow the students in my watercolor class are really good artists! They are  keeping me on my toes to stay ahead of them. So far on week one they did a daylily. I hope you can see the photos, I did not do a very good job of taking the pictures and the paintings are much better than what is showing.


Week two, we worked on a single iris.



Week 3, we worked on a very pale pink rhodie. This is my painting, there were no finished pieces in class, but I will get some before the class schedule ends.






Week four, we did a sunflower. The first painting is mine. The last three are from students.




Week five, we worked on a stargazer lily. This was the painting that I did.

 

And week six we will be doing a red poppy painting. Underneath the painting is the pattern for this painting. You may download and have on your paper before class is you have time.





Week seven I will demonstrate mounting and varnishing a watercolor painting. It is the last class so any unfinished paintings can be finished.

I will take more photo's of finished pieces to post. This has been a great class and a lot of fun to teach. There are absolute beginners in the class and they are showing real talent. From beginners to professional the key to a great finished painting is to believe in yourself. Every painting is not a masterpiece, it is however a learning experience, that will make you better on the next painting and all the paintings after that. Never give up, the more you create, the easier is will be to believe in yourself. You can do it, I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment