Saturday, November 26, 2011




Yellow Roses

This is one of my favorite watercolors. These flowers are from a rose bush in the front of my house, all of the flowers were on the end of one long stem. I went out in the morning and the stem was almost bent in half with the weight of the flowers. The largest flowers were about 5" across. I took several photo's of the flowers from different angles, but ended up doing the drawing for this piece from the live flowers. Unfortunately the tag from this bush is missing so I do not know the name, but it is one of the prettiest in the rose bed.

This painting is 11" tall and 13" wide on Arches #140 watercolor paper. I use Winsor Newton and Daniel Smith watercolors. It is double matted, quarter inch yellow inner and two inch dark blue outer matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment